From the 2022 Clinical Laboratory Educators Conference (recorded 3/15/2022)
Presented by Audrey Folsom, DHSc, MT(ASCP) & Ashley Cornelius, MA, LPCC
This speed learning session includes 2 presentations:
Helping Students Overcome Anxiety
- This session provides a quick presentation of tools and recommendations to help students overcome anxiety, manage stress, and stay calm and focused during test-taking.
- Now more than ever the investment in ourselves and our colleagues in a top priority and necessary as we provide care for those we serve. This presentation will explore the stress continuum for healthcare personnel, a self-assessment tool used to identify levels of distress and ways to promote self-and team-care and healing from stress injuries.
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Perform the double exhale breath exercise
- Identify one recommendation on how to reduce anxiety
- Summarize how to activate the parasympathetic system
- Enhance your understanding of stress injuries within the healthcare profession
- Practice utilizing the stress continuum as self-report and in relationship with others (colleagues, employees, etc.)
- Recognize the early and late signs of stress injuries
ASCLS is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E. ® Program. One (1) P.A.C.E. ® contact hour and one (1) Florida credit hour in the area of Education (General) will be awarded to participants. ASCLS P.A.C.E.® is accepted by the ASCP/ASCLS/AGT Board of Certification and all states, including Florida and California, as an approved provider of continuing education for recertification and licensure. ASCLS is an approved provider with CE Broker for Florida licensees.
LEVEL OF INSTRUCTION
This Basic-level program is appropriate for laboratory professionals working in clinical, public health and academic settings.